Some Suggestions For Selecting The Right CAD/CAM Partner
There are many CAD/CAM systems to choose from. When deciding which company to partner with, consider these factors:
• THE SPEED OF THE SYSTEM – will it improve your workflow and increase production?
• THE NUMBER OF DENTAL PRACTITIONERS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO – make sure you have the ability to connect with a large database of dentists with digital impressioning systems whom you can work with.
• WARRANTY – what happens if you need something repaired or replaced?
• TRAINING – how will you learn to use your new system and implement it in your lab? Do they offer one-on-one training with an expert? How many classes are available to you?
• FINANCING OPTIONS – make sure the company you partner with has a way to help you finance your new investment.
• HIPAA COMPLIANT – does the system you are looking at have a HIPAA compliant portal to send cases through?
• DOCTOR/LAB COMPATIBILITY – are you able to design cases for doctors to mill on their own equipment?
• FEES – be sure to ask about annual licensing fees and upgrade fees. Sometimes these are hidden costs that may not be obvious to a first-time buyer.
• TECHNICAL SERVICE – how local is technical support when you need it? How quickly can they come to your lab to service your equipment?
• SUPPORT – having a connected group within your user base is extremely helpful for after-hours questions. Does the company have a support group or message board for additional insights?