SECTION 1: SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Vsmile Acetal is a pure, highly crystalline acetal copolymer resin possessing high tensile and flexural strength, fatigue resistance, and hardness. These properties, when combined with its very low moisture absorption, make the acetal material ideally suited for milling a variety of removable dental appliances, including partial denture frameworks, provisional crowns and bridges, and bite splints.
SECTION 2: PRODUCT COMPOSITION
|Ingredient||Approx % weight|
|Polyoxymethlene Copolymer||99 to 100|
SECTION 3: TECHNICAL DATA
|Izod Impact, Notched||ft-lb/in (J/m)||1.00|
SECTION 4: INDICATIONS
|Removable prosthetic dental appliances|
|Partial denture clasp|
|Partial denture framework|
|Provisional crown & bridge|
SECTION 5: CONTRAINDICATIONS
Contraindications are all applications not included
in SECTION 4 above.
SECTION 6: PREPARATION GUIDELINES
General preparation guidelines for all removable
appliances should be followed.
SECTION 7: DESIGN OF RESTORATION
Partial denture framework (minimum thickness)
• Major connector: 0.7 mm
• Saddle area: 0.5 mm
• Clasp on anterior tooth
• 2.0 mm where clasp joins framework, thinning to 0.7 mm at tip
• Clasp on posterior tooth
• 2.5 mm where clasp joins framework, thinning to 0.7 mm at tip
Temporary Crown & Bridge
• 0.5 mm minimum thickness
• 0.03 mm cement gap
SECTION 8: MILLING
1. Mount the disc according to the CAM-System instructions. Set the enlargement-factor into the unit at a ratio of 1:1.
2. Start the milling unit.
3. Select appropriate milling strategy depending on the appliance to be fabricated.
4. Once the milling operation has completed, remove the disc containing the milled restoration(s).
SECTION 9: POST MILLING
1. Remove the restoration(s) from the disc using a separating disc or suitable acrylic bur.
2. To polish the restoration, load a new polishing wheel or buff with polish suitable for thermoplastic materials and buff all areas of the appliance until all scratches are removed and high shine is achieved.
Notice: All Vsmile Acetal discs are solely for use by or on the order of a dental professional. They are not for use by the general public or over-the-counter.